Traditionally, Coconut ladoo is an Indian sweet ball recipe made with freshly grated coconut, milk and jaggery. But this recipe is an instant recipe of coconut ladoo with condensed milk is super easy that you can make within 10 minutes. But trust me it’s not going to hamper the taste and you can make it instantly when someone visits your home. So instead of using jaggery, I added condensed milk into it.
Ingredients for Coconut Ladoo with Condensed Milk
For this instant recipe of coconut ladoo with condensed milk, you need very few ingredients which are:
Ghee or Clarified Butter: Though ghee is high in fat but as per Webmd, it contains high concentrations of monounsaturated Omega-3s. These healthful fatty acids support a healthy heart and cardiovascular system. Studies show that using ghee as a part of a balanced diet can help reduce unhealthy cholesterol levels.
Desiccated Coconut: As per globalresorcesdirect.com, Desiccated coconut is an ideal source of healthy fat that contains no cholesterol and contains selenium, fibre, copper and manganese. One ounce of desiccated coconut contains 80% healthy, saturated fat. Selenium is a mineral that helps the body produce enzymes, which enhance the immune system and thyroid function. I used Fudco Fine Desiccated Coconut. If you want to get more health benefits, go for freshly desiccated coconut. (Refer notes to know how to get freshly desiccated coconut.)
With just 4 ingredients and within 10 minutes, you get a delicious ladoos of coconut.
How to Make Instant Coconut Ladoo with Condensed Milk?
- Put a teaspoon of Ghee or clarified butter into a pan. I am in the UK so I used Khanum Ghee. It’s wonderful and exactly tastes like what we use in India. Let the ghee completely melted down.
- Then keep the flame on medium and add 1 cup of desiccated coconut. With 1 cup of desiccated coconut, I get 10 ladoos. Of course, it depends on the size of the balls you made. Roast desiccated coconut till it starts appearing orange from the bottom. Please keep in mind that you don’t need to make it completely orange.
- At this stage, add 1/2 cup condensed milk and mix it well with the coconut.
- Add 1/4 cup of milk and again mix everything well. After a few minutes, milk will disappear and the mix will roll easily in the pan. This is the sign that our mixture is ready for preparing ladoos.
- Keep this aside in a bowl and let it cool for a few minutes. It shouldn’t be completely cool otherwise you won’t be able to make balls. It should be warm enough so that you can easily take the mixture on your palms and make ladoos.
- Make small balls (ladoo) from this mixture and simultaneously coat it with remaining desiccated coconut.
- Your instant coconut ladoos or nariyal ladoo are ready.
You can keep these ladoos for 3-4 days in an air tight container or for 7 days in a refregerator.
Tips for Coconut or Nariyal Ladoo
Use of Fresh Coconut: Coconut ladoo recipe is more tasty if you’re using freshly desiccated coconut. (Refer notes)
Additional Flavouring: You may use cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and cardamom powder (all or a few) after adding condensed milk for adding extra flavour to the recipe.
Garnishing: You can garnish your coconut ladoos by putting pistachios or cashews on top of them or just by drizzling chocolate syrup.
Greasing your palm: If your ladoos mixture is too sticky while making ladoos, grease a little flavourless oil or milk on your palm.
For colourful coconut ladoo: Traditionally, coconut ladoos are white in colour. But if you want to make it colorful, you can use any food colour. I recommend pink, red, brown and green colors to use.
While shaping, if you feel the mixture is loose, then transfer back to the pan and again cook for few more minutes till it gets thickened more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Add freshly grated coconut into a blender. Pulse it several times so it gets fine and even. Now spread it on the baking tray and put it in the oven for 20 to 25 mins. Stir it in between. It should be completed dry. If it still has moisture, again put it back in the oven for approx 5 mins. For more details, check here.
A coconut which is flaked and dried so it doesn’t have moisture in it.
Yes, for making vegan coconut ladoos, replace milk to coconut milk, condensed milk to jaggery or coconut condensed milk and ghee to coconut oil.
Coconut Ladoo with Condensed Milk
- A Frying Pan
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Roast desiccated coconut till it becomes orange from the bottom. Don't let it turn completely orange.
- Add condensed milk and mix well.
- Add milk and mix everything well. Cook till the milk vanished and mixture rolls easily in the pan.
- Take this mixture out from the pan and let it cool slightly. Make small balls from warm mixture. (Dont let it completely cool else you wont be able to make balls.)
- After shaping it into a small balls, immediately coat with remaining desiccated coconut.
- Instant coconut ladoos are ready