Mixed Fruit Raita
Fruit Raita is an Indian side dish which is made of fruits, yoghurt and sugar.
- 1 cup yoghurt or curd whisked
- 1/4 cup black grapes sliced halves
- 1/4 cup apples finely cut
- 1/4 cup pomegranate
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- Black Salt /Rock Salt /Pink Himalayan Salt - as per taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder optional
Put Yoghurt in a bowl.
Add Condensed Milk and mix it thoroughly.
Now, put all fruits and mix.
Add salt, cumin powder and red chilli powder and mix thoroughly.
Sweet and Savoury Fruit Raita is ready.
- You can use any fruit choice except those that contain water like orange, watermelon, kiwi, etc. because it doesn't taste good with yoghurt and release water with salt.
- If you don't want to use condensed milk, put 2 tsp of sugar into yoghurt first, then start from Sr. No.3 above.
- For savoury taste, you may add 2 teaspoons of dhaniya chutney into it. But the texture will become green.
- Avoid using overripen fruits as it spoils the taste. However, you can use frozen or canned fruits.
- For best results, always cut and add fruits immediately before consuming your fruit raita.
Serving: 1gCalories: 396kcalCarbohydrates: 63gProtein: 15gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 982mgFiber: 2gSugar: 57g